We are seeking a Technology Sales Rep to join a growing company based in Silver Spring, MD.
Position summary: Proactively finds new opportunities for the firm’s products while ensuring great customer experience. Manages, reports, and participates in all sales efforts to achieve goals within established timeframe and budget. Contributes to the firm’s overall approach to providing a great customer experience.
Compensation: $38-55k Base salary plus commission and benefits package. Total compensation target for first year $65k – with room to grow and reach $100k total compensation within 2-3 years!
Training on products will be provided.
- Generates qualified leads from new prospects
- Makes sales calls to potential new clients
- Develops and makes presentations of company history, experience, products and services to potential clients
- Participates in sales events to generate additional prospects
- Follows up on sales activity; responds to all requests and concerns (RFPs, prospect/client requests) by phone, electronically or in person in a timely fashion
- Analyzes prospective client needs, matches them to firm capabilities, and translates them into proposals which set clear expectations to meet client requirements and protect the company
- Facilitates creation of cost and technical proposals by the delivery team
- Provides detailed backup for all pricing
- Facilitates the negotiation process between clients and the delivery team
- Reports sales progress to executive team
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices
- Ability to cold-call prospective clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to think like a company owner
- Experience in making presentations
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets
- Ability to plan and strategize
- Ability to persuade others
- Ability to adapt to new situations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to be resilient and tenacious
- Ability to tolerate high stress
- Ability to be goal driven
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Ability to travel throughout the East Coast as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in sales or customer-focused role
- General knowledge of Engineering and Information Technology field
- Drive to learn and grow!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.