Territory: IN, IL, IA, MO, WI, & Western MI
Searching for an experienced business-to-business sales professional to develop, maintain and expand the customer base of our Client who designs and builds custom recognition walls that inspire, motivate and challenge individuals and institutions to reach beyond their imaginations. The company vision is to be a market leader in recognition displays for not-for-profit organizations everywhere. Client has been in the business for more than half a century and is currently the vendor of choice for over 2500 major colleges, leading medical centers and hospitals, museums and other not-for-profits throughout the United States and Canada. The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for securing profitable sales growth in their assigned territory to achieve established annual plans & goals as defined by management for the territory.
- Setting, meeting and exceeding sales goals and objectives
- Prospecting, Qualifying, and Closing Sales
- Sales presentations and proposals
- Excellent Communication Skills – verbal, written and listening with clients and coworkers
- Project management
- Expense management
- Market research, planning, and development
- Trade Shows/Conference
- 2 years + of Business to Business Sales experience with long sales cycles
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- CRM use/management (Sales Logix experience preferred)
- Marketing services and products at Trade Shows and Conferences
- Ambitious and Driven
- Takes Action/Initiative
- Accepts Responsibility
- Accountable for Actions and Behaviors
- Team Oriented
- Positive and Optimistic
- Emotionally Objective
- Meet and exceed sales goals
- Generates new business
- Collaborates with internal team for successful completion of customer projects
COGNITIVE SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Creative Thinking
- Great Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Relationship development and management – internal & external
- Process Oriented
- Use of CRM to track activities
- Following up with clients and team on project statuses regularly
- Continuous Networking, Prospecting, and Referral Activities
- This position requires 50-70% travel with overnight stays required.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk; reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is required to occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds. Must be able to lift, carry, assemble, and disassemble trade show display.
COMPANY CORE VALUES: Embody Company core values and have the same expectation for others.
- Client Centered: Think in their shoes
- Listen more than you speak.
- Understand what they’re up against.
- Put their interests ahead of your own.
- Creative: Invent different ways of working
- Be curious.
- Take action.
- Be okay with failure.
- Collaborative: Believe that together we can do anything
- Seek insight from unexpected people.
- Allow others to make your ideas better.
- More talking. Less typing.