Jarrettsville, MD store
Central MD & east, Southern PA & Northern DE territory
This job description is a summary of essential job functions necessary for the satisfactory performance of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Job functions may vary by location.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop new sales opportunities within assigned territory by prospecting and pursuing targeted new business. Negotiate and close new patrons to increase customer base year-over-year. Follow up on sales leads. Call or visit potential customers, initiate mailings and other related activities.
- Develop and leverage customer relationships with businesses and industry entities such as real estate companies, home builder associations and other trades and organizations to cultivate new business prospects.
- Participate in trade shows and other related events; actively participate in industry and civic organizations to continually build a professional network.
- Perform cold calling of prospects generated by external sources or leads.
- Follow-up on new accounts to gauge customer satisfaction.
- Manage existing customer relationships with regular courtesy contacts to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction with guidance from management
- Attend and participate in service and safety training and other educational programs offered by the company.
- Develop a unified working relationship with local store management and service/delivery personnel focused on customer service and growth as a top priority. Products will be sold at current store tier pricing levels unless otherwise approved by the store manager.
- Develop an account retention program that builds customer loyalty by conducting periodic visits with key accounts.
- Diligently document activity in company CRM system to drive successful sales calls.
Education: Some college or equivalent in experience & education (business related Bachelor’s Degree preferred).
Experience: Two years related work experience in logistics, distribution, equipment sales or a comparable field preferred.
- Basic computer skills: Word, Outlook, Excel
- Must be able to achieve minimum sales goals
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work outdoors and in various weather & driving conditions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with existing and potential customers
- Flexibility of schedule to meet the demands of the business
- Positive thinker and a team player a must
- Job functions are performed primarily in a field environment calling on prospective residential, commercial and agricultural customers.
- While traveling may have contact with hazardous materials and drive/travel and work in adverse weather conditions
Physical Activities & Requirements
While performing the essential job functions of this position, the following is required:
- Continuously balance, bend, finger and handle, use hands in repetitive motion, sit, utilize eye/hand coordination
- Frequently stand, walk, turn and twist head/neck and back/waist
- Occasionally drive, crouch, kneel, pull, push, lift, carry up to 25 pounds
Must be able to speak to co-workers and customers regarding day-to-day business operations.
Tools & Equipment Supplied
Company vehicle, computer, printer and phone
Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, functions and skills required for this job. Functions and requirements may change at any time with or without notice.
Only serious and qualified applicants should apply. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume – reference Field Sales/Account Rep – Petroleum in the subject line.