Commercial Sales Representative – Hunt Valley, MD
Seeking an experienced commercial sales representative to help promote and sell franchise services in an assigned territory (MD – Baltimore, Harford and Cecil Counties) for a nationally branded fire and water cleanup and restoration company based in Hunt Valley, MD. This position will report to the company sales manager and be responsible for developing new relationships with commercial contacts and facilities, cultivating existing relationships and forming productive strategic partnerships within the area. This is a base + commission position with phone and car allowance, benefits and 401k available.
Primary Objectives: To grow sales and strengthen commercial market share via marketing efforts, relationship building, and referral opportunities.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Commercial Contact & Commercial Facilities Target Development – to include development of Emergency Ready Plans and regular business networking
- Commercial Events and Promotions – to include association involvement and continuing education
- Priority Responding – to include keeping informed of disasters, weather related events and emergencies and First Response monitoring
- Maintaining and updating marketing materials with recent company efforts and successes
Necessary Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years business-to-business sales experience
- Experience with sales and marketing in the commercial sector
- Superb sales, customer service, administrative, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the commercial cleaning and restoration or insurance industry is desired
- Working knowledge of current business software technologies is required
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business or equivalent experience
Physical and Work Environment Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This job requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend, stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. Travel is up to 90 percent, primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required.
Normal Working Hours, Additional Working Hours, and Travel Requirements:
This is a full-time position working varying hours between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday‒Friday. This position may require longer hours, and some flexibility in hours may be needed dependent upon the business needs.