Bel Air, MD office
Primary Objective of Position
The primary purpose of this position is to solicit corporate travel business and humanitarian travel organizations and to oversee an assigned segment of business travel accounts. The incumbent will solicit business opportunities from local and national organizations who have 200+ employees, have extensive international travel, and who may already be outsourcing their business travel program to a professional business travel service provider. The incumbent will also partner internally with Division Team Leaders to implement new business, analyze travel management data, and maintain ongoing communication with assigned clients to ensure strong relationships. This position entails multi- directional communication.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Acquisition of new clients through cold calling, marketing, social media, trade shows and networking
- Sales cycle from prospect up to contract signature in accordance with proper close ratios and sales goals
- Manage a prospect pipeline to reach sales objectives through daily, weekly and monthly goals
- Translate client needs into qualitative service offer, defining strategies to acquire the client
- Taking lead in local/national bids, preparing presentation documents
- Preparing and delivering RFP documents
- Manage the pricing in accordance with the agency President
- Travelling to clients’ premises (when required)
- Internal relay with operations and other sales/account management staff during sales process
- Knowledge of technologies in industry, competitors and internal
- Managing portfolio in our CRM database
New account implementation
- Thorough and clear understanding of company and client objectives, directs/participates in the development of implementation plans for each client to lay the foundation for servicing current accounts and growing additional business within the assigned accounts.
- Serve as liaison between operations, reporting, accounting, division team leaders and Company President (when applicable) in integrating new accounts.
- Define and communicate with targeted points of contacts within company including President, CFO/Controller, Human Resources, Travel Manager, etc.
- Prepares Agreements managing the process through to signing
Create Valued Relationships
- Develop annual business plan and budget to support client objectives and increase Company service penetration.
- Meet on a pre-determined basis with key clients to create and maintain relationships and monitor customer service/client satisfaction levels.
- In coordination with Team Leaders, deliver all crisis management communication to client company management and travelers.
- Record, track and report resolution of client service issues in cooperation with corporate team leader using company database system. Provide data to clients during scheduled meetings.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with preferred vendors to ensure assistance in resolving problems and to ensure preferred rate/commission/benefits treatment.
- Provide client specific product demonstrations – ensuring that the client is able to utilize available technology to their best advantage. All account administrators need to be trained.
- Continue post-implementation initiatives including best practices (on-going) training, annual client satisfaction surveys and new product line introductions/training.
- Work with our airline, car and hotel partners along with client to negotiate contract discounts.
- Understand further clients’ needs and trends with current automation. Can our existing technology programs provide the appropriate solutions or do we need to seek other resources?
- Make recommendations to Company Team Leaders and management if additional technologies or process need to be reviewed.
- Recommend products and Return on Investment.
- Respond to Request for Proposals (RFP) from client assigned accounts as required using collected travel data and financial analysis.
- Understand competitive forces within assigned clients.
- Prepares Agreement revisions and manage the process through to signing.
- Maintain Client Service and Service Level Agreements and upload in company shared directory and with CRM database.
- Maintain and update client information in CRM database.
- Support President/CEO in Sales/Marketing efforts when necessary.
- Examine on a pre-determined basis, the management reporting data, client travel patterns and policy to identify savings.
- Document and recommend process, savings, or program improvement opportunities via regular program reviews (post-program, quarterly or annually based on client size & scope) and which highlight the value Company delivered to the client.
- Assist in determining the ongoing data management needs of the client and work with the relevant department to ensure those needs are being met.
- Monitor client performance as compared to expected performance levels based upon client contracts. Follow up with client and vendors to address any significant variances from the expectation.
- Achieve pre-established retention, revenue (renewal & up-selling), profitability, and satisfaction goals annually.
- Develop a Profit and Loss Statement for all applicable accounts and make recommendations to Company Team Leaders
Knowledge and Skill Required:
- Ability to work under pressure, self-motivated, sales driven and a team player
- Professional manner
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Initiative taker and creative
- Decision Making
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service/relationship skills
- Superior MS Office skills
- Working knowledge of relevant social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Negotiation Skills
- Project Management
- *Two years of relevant commercial experience as a business developer
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a meetings and incentive management role and the ability to work in partnership with corporate client base
- Ability to travel as required
- B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent experience
- *Two plus years account management experience
* Helpful but not essential
Key Competencies required:
- Focus on the Customer – Fosters a customer-centered environment where the customer perspective is central to the thinking, discussions, and decisions, and ensure delivery of exceptional value to the customer. Listen 75% of the time while speaking 25%.
- Must be a consultant.
- Influences and engages others: Presents a compelling case for ideas, and inspires others to excel through personal commitment to a common vision or goal. Be a trusted consultant.
- Persuasive-Selling: Actively focusing on selling, up-selling and using appropriate behaviors that influence, convince and persuade others to buy-in and commit to ideas and recommendations. Consultant!
- Persistence: Taking an approach to selling, negotiations, conversations and projects that demonstrate determination and commitment to achieve success.
- Acumen: Actively pursues and maintains up to date knowledge of Company’s products, services, systems, tools, processes and strategies combined with industry standards and products.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency, persistence, and accountability to take the actions required to achieve results.
- Demonstrate Commitment: Model energy and optimism under trying circumstances, continuously stretch oneself to grow, adapt and meet new demands, navigate new situations and improve results.
- Foster Open Communication: Communicate effectively through active listening and skillful expression of own points of view, keep people informed, and promote an environment in which people communicate honestly, respectfully, and openly.
- Live and demonstrate Company’s core values:
Only serious and qualified applicants should apply. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume – reference Business Development Manager – Corporate Travel Sales in the subject line.